Wednesday, April 28, 2021

I Found A Cute Creture in The Car Park: Swinhoe's White-eye

 

Swinhoe's White-eye in the Car Park - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

It's been a while since the last article I published on Ichi's Garden. I have been busy recently with many things so that I could not write a new article. However, I love writing and I want to always share something that I know, my experiences, knowledge, anything that could give a positive mind for others including this topic where I found a cute creature in the car park. I hope it would give you peace of mind and a little smile for your day! πŸ€—

Swinhoe's White-eye in the car park - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

For the past few days, we have nice weather where the rain comes. The best thing about is that after it over where I can hear birds sing a song continuously. I did not know where was coming from, but for sure that beautiful sound is from the car park. I failed many times to identify the sound and the bird name that dance in the rain. They are tiny creatures, moreover, the color is the same as the leaves. We could not see them clearly.

Swinhoe's White-eye in the car park - Photographed by RDZ

A few days ago, after the heavy rain over, I felt curious when heard the same sound again in the late afternoon. I saw a pack of tiny birds flew and perched from one tree to another in the car park. From our laundry room, I found about 8-12 green tiny birds sung their song and looked happy. I did not know what were they doing, but I assume they ate something from the young leaves. Minute to minute we observe their behavior, some of them just played around, while others just take a rest and groom. What a cute creature that perfectly blends in this residential area. That is why we like the area where we live where I can see the green views from our windows. Furthermore, I can found some birds that live surrounding. 

A beautiful tiny creature: Swinhoe's White-eye - Photographed Acik Mardhiyanti

What I can see is the bird has a white circle on their eyes, and most of their fur is covered with olive green color on the upper part, lower breast and belly is pale grey, while the throat, upper breast, and forehead are yellow in color. My husband said it looked they are wearing glass or masks. I think it is the reason why Malay people call this bird is Kelicap Kacamata Biasa which means the word "Kacamata" is a glass.πŸ˜…What a funny expression! If you see them, you would say the same thing. I assume the body size may be the same as Sunbird, but it has an almost round shape, I guess.πŸ€” They are in a pack not single or couple like Sunbirds. This bird is called Swinhoe's White-eye.

A cute creature: Swinhoe's White-eye - Photographed by RDZ

What they eat exactly? Seeing their beak we can identify them eating small things, specifically flowering trees. No wonder, I saw them busy on some particular tree for example Raintree. Last month our town council did trim all the trees in our residential including in the car park. And now that trees, Raintree, Yellow Flame trees, all of them have many young leaves and start flowering again. I think it is the reason why Swinhoe's White-eye bird comes in a pack, gathering to feed on these flowering trees.

Are you able to find Swinhoe's White-eye among those leaves?😍 - Photographed by RDZ

By watching this bird, we can feel some peace in my mind and smile while taking the videos or their pictures. These activities, somehow, become our new hobby. Even we set a camera to record Sunbird that visits my "garden" every day to take nectar from my Hibiscus flower. Well, nowadays, I have 5 pots of Hibiscus flowers! It sounds like a gas station to represent my "garden" because each day, yes, each day at least 4 Sunbirds come to enjoy the food that I serve for them.πŸ₯° Nature is beautiful with the tiny creatures that will make our day is great! How about you? Are you enjoying nature around you and find a sense of peace? 😊

Note:

  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti and RDZ
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission





No comments:

Post a Comment