Friday, November 21, 2014

How Japanese Children Study About Environment

image

Maybe if you ask me guys…Why I’m writing about Japanese children activity? I was thinking, it’s an inspiring activity. So, I must write it and share with you. And I am glad if you got my point, “let’s save the world together”. It’s time you care about environment around you. Your children are the future for better world.

image_20141119013454640

Many people talk about “global warming”. But, what have you done for saving the world? I believed, in my country, Indonesia, many forest have changed. Long time ago, in my hometown have grown many trees on the street, flowers and plants were grown in villager’s yard house and have grown on the streets, even I could find wild sweet berry at the time. But now…it’s just memories. If you see every single house in my hometown now, I wonder, you’ll just see desert. Yeah…I felt like stand up on desert, so hot, and the sunlight would burn your skin!

image_20141119013519342

Now, look my friend…how Japanese children study about environment. And maybe you ask me again, “why are these children doing this activity? what for?”. How could you say that care about global warming if you don’t act?  How could you say, “I care about environment”, and do nothing? Maybe you would say to me, “I don’t like planting”, or “I am busy people”. Believe me, your children will grow and act like you. You got my point? If your children study and learn about environment in early age, it’s a “hope”. '’Hope”, they will grow as a strong and kind people, who care about environment. This is why Japanese children, study and learn in the early age.

image_20141119013604045

Do you want to know, how these kids  study? Last week (on Friday, November 15th 2014), these children were studying at botanical garden, named Kamisakabe West Park, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan.  My friend told me, they come from different elementary school. These kids, about 9-10 year old. So early to study about nature, right? I guess it’s a good one for the better futureWinking smile  Even just kids, but they are so excited to know about nature! This is one of yearly event in this botanical garden. Some children would be coming to learn and study. So, what have they done at botanical garden?….

image_20141119013746676

They were separated in groups. One group is about 15 kids. After grouping, they started to walk around in the botanical garden. Of course guided by botanical garden’s gardener Smile They begin to study about nature! Learn fruit seeds, and many kind of wooden seeds. As you can see, these children brought white bag plastic that used to collect some nuts. The smell of some kind of leaf is interesting too. Like Judas leaf tree. My friend said, this leaf got good scent. So they smelled that scent.

image_20141119013703618

After walking around, these children have some fun. What kind fun is that? Maybe you think that can’t play on nature, or getting some fun on nature. But, when you know well in nature, you can enjoy yourself, and have some fun. Like these activities, look carefully, what have they done in nature  for getting fun? They collected some nuts, right? One of nuts they collected are acorn. These kids made a whistle by acorn. Is that cool?! I think it’s great idea ever!

image_20141119013932555

Besides, these kids could be playing with bamboo in the Botanical Garden. I believe, you know well bamboo plant. So, what are you thinking about it? can you imagine, what you can make with bamboo??…It reminds me a long time ago, when I was a kid. I played with bamboo or made some tools that we could use it in our life. Like what? Yeah, I and my folks, made some kind of lamp by bamboo. We used this lamp at night when we were walked around.  Is that cool, huh..??! As you can see…You could get some fun and play with bamboo like these children! Had played instrumental music made by bambooWinking smile That’s awesome! And yeah…played stilts it’s a very..very..interesting thing! Honestly, this is the truth, since I was kid until now, I can’t play with stilts. Even I like it, but I’ve never succeeded, poor meDisappointed smile….

image_20141119013909533

 

image_20141119013949031

You know, these children are very happy and so excited. In early age, they have begun to study and learn about nature. They knew where does the food or fruits that they eat come from. The fruits came from the planted seed, and grown as a tree and produced fruits. Amazing, right??…It’s possible, they will grow some seeds (fruit seeds or flower/ plant seeds) at home.

image_20141119013844184

To keep our nature better it’s not easy, right? But we can start by now, grow some plants or flowers at home. Maybe you say to me, “but I don’t have space in our home..”. Guys…we can grow plant in a pot. And you say again “I am busy fool..I don’t have much time!” I told you, you can take a little bit of your time, just…”once a week” being a gardener, planting plant or flower.

image_20141119013812693

These children’s activity inspired me, what should I do to save our nature for a better world. If these kids have begin to study and learn right now, so do I. So I have began to create my own gardenSmile Even I don’t have yards, I could grow flower or plant in a pot. Small steps for bigger future!

image_20141119014015272

Many thanks to my friend who shared this inspiring activity. Japanese children are wonderful kids. I hope Indonesia children will follow their act to study and learn about environment in early age. So, will grow up as kind people who care about nature around them.

Note :

2 comments:

  1. in this age where trees are continuously cut down and the environment is at serious risk, such interesting activities for kids are a great initiative towards a much healthier and greener world.

    ReplyDelete